[Music] "This Day in History" section to find old music

I don't listen that much to new popular music and when I use Spotify it's usually to find old bands who might been forgotten.

So what I'd like to be added is in the startpage/activity would be a "this day in history" segment where you can find old music. Like this:

"April 20th: On this Day:

1957, Elvis Presley started an eight week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'All Shook Up.' It went on to be the biggest single of 1957 selling over 2 million copies."

And the artsit, song, album etc can be tagged so you can go directly to the artist and the albums. This way people could find much more music that isn't new and explore other genres!

Thank you! 🙂

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-04-21

Hi! Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough kudos. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea. Thanks! 🙂

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-04-21

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

Roadie

Very cool idea but I doubt it will even happen considering the current bad state of many of the already available features in the Spotify applications.

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-04-21

Hi! Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough kudos. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea. Thanks! 🙂