Navigation with Tabs (like in Browsers)

I often forget that I'm not in my browser, so I expect "Ctrl+click" on "items" to open in a new tab...

But there is no tabs...

An "Open in a new tab" contextmenu option should also be available.

EDIT : Sorry! Duplicates of https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/tabbed_browsing_in_spotify

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
joshrc

When I search for songs/artists I usually miss some tabs, its unconfortable to go back everytime you want a new song/artist and have to delete the previous search

Smok3y

Hey guys,

I'm really enjoying spotify. But the more I get into it, the more I try to explore new music and playlists I'm missing the feature to open a playlist/album/artist etc. in a new Tab. This would make exploring music very easy, and even combining Playlists would be improved.

I hope you guys like the idea :)

Have a good one :P

Zinc

This idea was originally suggested 'over 3 years ago' according to the gersatisfaction forum.

Since then you also now have your apps. Having (for example) an app in one tab, the queue in another, and 2-3 artist pages would make for a much better experience.

It's pretty standard UX design!

Caspa

It would be easier!

Previous/next is good but not enough

:)

kuchigalore

This would indeed be awesome!  I find the UI to be cumbersome at times, and Tabs would certainly make it easier...

ceebeedubs

I completely agree

stolenlove

Definitely agree I was thinking exactly the same thing myself!

dmb

no, it doesn't

Keep it clean, guys

filippinXD

Hi, I was wondering if you could incorporate a tab system like today's browsers: opera, google chrome, firefox, etc. That way customizing playlists is easiest and for me multiple relating artists are open in one window.

kulian
Casual Listener

You should be able to open new Tabs in Spotify. Cause I often see a awesome Artist but i wont close the actual playlist.