New Equalizer Button

Hi Community,

Now we have the EQ function on Spotify mobile, in my case, in an Ipad. That was a great update from Spotify devellopers. Sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't. If I'm streaming tunes from my Ipad connected to a good Hi-Fi Stereo Player I don't use it. But if I listen it through a small speakears or through Ipad speakears I use the EQ function. So, my idea is that it would be usefull if there was an EQ button just side by side of Volume Icon. In this way we could have a quickly way to activate or not the EQ function, with the previously configurated type of tone we like (Rock, Bass, etc).

Regards.

Updated: 2015-08-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Edit (@blake😞 This idea has been reposted here.

Comments
Community Legend

I like your idea. 🙂 

Perhaps a short press to activate/deactivate and a long press to see equalizer settings...

Roadie

FredJ,

Your complementary suggestion is very good too 😉

Regular

I think every music player should have that. Quick access really does add a new level of usefulness to it.

Kudo given

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Casual Listener
Besides your idea, it would be fantastic to store user presets for the EQ. It's a huge difference between the stereos at home, headphones and bluetooth speakers...
Roadie

@finnaqua wrote:
Hi Community,

Now we have the EQ function on Spotify mobile, in my case, in an Ipad. That was a great update from Spotify devellopers. Sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't. If I'm streaming tunes from my Ipad connected to a good Hi-Fi Stereo Player I don't use it. But if I listen it through a small speakears or through Ipad speakears I use the EQ function. So, my idea is that it would be usefull if there was an EQ button just side by side of Volume Icon. In this way we could have a quickly way to activate or not the EQ function, with the previously configurated type of tone we like (Rock, Bass, etc).

Regards.

Thank you guys for all contribuitions for this idea. So, after all your comments, we want a new EQ function, side by side sound volume icon, with the following features:

• Clicking shortly on EQ button to ON/OFF the function,
  • Long press on EQ button to open the original home page of EQ function to choose which wave we like,
  • Include a pre-set function to store the users personal waves.

Give kudos to this idea to go ahead with this in some next Spotify updates.

Thank you all

I like the Idea. I was just looking in the forums to see how spotify handles it. I am nowadays playing via the gramophon WiFi solution on my old stereo. Previously I have used an EQ app on the phone. And set it to flat. Now I do not have that controll.

What is Spotify doing with the settings by default ? I dont know.. would like to know though 😉

Regular

This is a must have - it is simply way too many steps to get to the EQ while listening to music and prefs change from album to album, song to song, etc...

Would be a much more effective tool if it was made a part of the listening experience/screen and not buried so deep in Preferences...

It's like having a nice hi-fi set up in your living room and putting the EQ in your basement.

Regular
Yes. So many steps! The mobile equalizer should NOT be buried in the menu like it is. It works great, I'm loving the new updates to playlists on mobile iOS... Just make equalizer easier to reach. Please please please. And thank you!
Casual Listener
Agree with you !