New Idea. Spotify, Please Offer A Lifetime Membership

Hey all,

I would like to see a lifetime membership, with a one-time fee.  Sirius radio did it years ago and I'm glad they did.

Why would they not?  Well, you might think Spotify might lose out in the long run, and you could be right.  But all it takes is one other app that does something a little better, and a little cheaper, and Spotify becomes a thing of the past.  Myspace was HUGE once, remember?

Sirius charged about 350 dollars at the time I signed up, if I recall correctly, and their yearly fee was about 100 dollars.  So after four years I made out, and they got money up front that I might not have spent on them at this point...

...because now I'm listening to Spotify.

So it might make sense for Spotify, and subscribers who are with them now, to cash in now on a mutually beneficial deal.  If Spotify takes off and dominates the music app market, they can no longer offer the lifetime membership (like Sirius did).

Thoughts?

Edit 2015-12-02: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-11-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Carina
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

norm_uk_27

haha nice try. doubt they'll go for that but you don't know if you don't ask. :)

although it does raise one good thought, if spotify included some kind of loyalty reward system thereby giving people some type of earned investment in their product for having supported it, then people wouldnt' feel to jump ship just because another company did one thing slightly better.

japaneseb00mbox

Yeah, I'd really like to see a lifetime membership. I had sworn I had seen one on the website for $60? I guess I was mistaken. This is definitely something I'd love to see. I go to the store to buy a premium card every time my membership runs out, so lifetime would make managing premium a lot easier, and would eliminate worry about "when will my premium run out?" despite the fact that you can log in on the website to see it. Also, anyone else notice they took the premium countdown off mobile?

-Grey

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit 2015-12-02: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-11-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!