New Language - Welsh. (Spoken in the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand and Patagonia)

Would it be possible for my mother-tongue to be added to Spotify, so that Spotify, Spotify Web Player, Spotify PS4 etcetera would be available to use in Welsh? You will not be alone so far as enterprises go with adding the Welsh Language. Giants such as Apple, Facebook and Twitter offer their services in Welsh. 

Unlike other speakers of this Language I accept that there has been a decline in the number of people that speak Welsh. That is why, I ask you to join other international giants in an effort to protect and promote our beautiful language.

Welsh is the Language of Wales, one of the countries that make up Great Britain. However Welsh is not confined to Wales, it is spoken in Patagonia, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand and England. It is one of the oldest Languages in Europe, and unfortunately, we have seen a decrease in the numbers of people that speak the language. That is why I am asking for you to help protect and promote the Welsh language, by offering at least some services in Welsh. 

With technology advancing so much and set to advance much further over the course of this century, I want to make sure that the Welsh language does not get left behind. As the very thought of losing our language sends an unearthly shiver down my spine. I hope you will join other international enterprises in helping to protect and promote the Welsh language
PLEASE VOTE, ADDING THIS LANGUAGE WILL MAKE SUCH A DIFFERENCE TO THOSE OF US THAT SPEAK IT.         
DIOLCH! ( WELSH FOR THANKS!) 
Updated: 2016-06-07

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-06-08

Marked as new idea. This idea proposes adding Welsh to the list of languages under Preferences -> Language.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-06-07

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas