New PC UI/UX is worse than mobile now

PC used to be the optimal UI for Spotify (across seemingly infinite different UI designs for each platform) but this new May 2021 update is a big step backwards.  The UX is terrible to have every single platform have an utterly different UI from the others. 

New search bar requires 2 clicks to access.  You can no longer toggle the list vs. album sorting methods without first digging into a sub-category (Popular, Albums, Singles) so there is no way to see a list of all of their songs at once.

While I'm at it...why can I swipe to add-to-queue on iOS but not Android?!  What a simple quality of life improvement, especially while driving, that is simply not present on any other platform.

Updated on 2021-05-19

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this Idea as it breaks the following Idea Exchange guidelines:

• Clear suggestions. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.
  • One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
yosskov
Visitor

I was going to make this same post. The inability to easily see all an artist's songs at once is particularly annoying.

It's a shame because the UI was really good before.

Mario
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-19

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this Idea as it breaks the following Idea Exchange guidelines:

• Clear suggestions. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.
  • One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.