New Tangible Interface Experience for Spotify

Hi,

Currently we are working on designing new features for Spotify, and exploring how we could interface with our music in new ways.  A video is available at Youtube, and accessible for anyone who is interested. Click here or copy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Q8sbIXWks

If you would like to help out, you can do so by filling in this (anonymous) survey.

We will use the responses from this task in our next design work.

Keep in mind this is a research project, so this will not be a product which you will find for sale for example. The video is part of my Master Thesis, and is an attempt to better understand what were the advantages of tangible music which have now disappeared, and what values we have gained for it in replace. I'm mainly interested in the following question: Is losing the tangible qualities of music actually creating a better music experience?

For more information, feel free to contact me. 

Thank you in advance! Any feedback is welcome :-)

Cheers,
Roy Martens

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

Looks pretty cool!

I don't really see myself using this just for me alone, but might be a cool party gadget to play around with. :)

Although it might be handy to have those cubes as remote control all over your place, like a chill corner - a rock corner etc.

Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.