New music

Spotify has to be faster with the music. We need the newest music from Spinnin Records. It's pretty annoying that Spotify is so slow and it doesn't have it. I'm dissapointed about this.

As @MattSuda explained, missing or unavailable music is almost always a decision by the artist/label to withhold the content from Spotify. Sometimes it's temporarily unavailable while they sort out legal issues or correct metadata, in which case it'll be back up as soon as they resubmit it to Spotify.

While it might be a good idea to contact the label directly and ask why the music isn't on Spotify, you can also fill out this form to let Spotify staff know of your interest.

0 Likes
Comments
Community Legend

I have experience with Spotify and Spinnin Records, so hopefully I can clarify why this happens.

Spinnin records usually releases their new music exclusively on Beatport for 1-2 months before they release it on Spotify and iTunes.

This is a decision by Spinnin Records, not Spotify.

The availability of songs on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.
Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Casual Listener
Alright. That's really sad, but I guess that's how it is. Thanks for the respond though. 🙂
Community Legend

You're welcome. I hate waiting too =(

Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

As @MattSuda explained, missing or unavailable music is almost always a decision by the artist/label to withhold the content from Spotify. Sometimes it's temporarily unavailable while they sort out legal issues or correct metadata, in which case it'll be back up as soon as they resubmit it to Spotify.

While it might be a good idea to contact the label directly and ask why the music isn't on Spotify, you can also fill out this form to let Spotify staff know of your interest.