Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Notification when proxy info is wrong

I often use SOCKS5 proxies at work, and I LOVE that Spotify supports that. I also use a regular HTTP proxy at my office now, and recently couldn't figure out why Spotify wouldn't connect (offline mode). Then I realized, I had changed my network password at work, and the embedded proxy settings were incorrect.

Spotify sat there quietly after each launch, providing no clues as to why it wouldn't get out of offline mode. Once I remembered I had changed my password, I went into the settings and updated it, and voila! - Spotify started working.

It'd be convenient if we could get some kind of notification that it's not connecting to the network, or ideally that there are proxy issues.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!