Notifications of other albums

When a followed artist has multiple albums added to Spotify, the notifications area shows only one of these albums in a message like this: 

"[Album name] and 3 other albums by [Artist name] are now available on Spotify."

The problem is that stating that there are 3 other albums provides little help to Spotify subscribers. More often than not the albums are not from the current year so they end up mixed into the artists page sporadically. If you want to find out which albums you have not heard you must plan ahead. The best method I have come up with involves tracking every album you have seen, even if you hated it. Then you have to compare these albums against the artist page albums by switching back and forth between the two to find the missing "other albums". Then you can add them to your seen list and determine whether you were going to keep the music or not. Since this is a lot of overhead I would be impressed if anyone is doing it. As it stands right now I usually find that I had already seen the album and just deleted it because I wasn't fond of it, which means I missed the album that was actually added. 

A much more useful and simpler solution would be to just list each album individually as separate entries in the notification area.

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Easily-find-out-what-that-quot-1-other-album-quot-is-...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea. To make it clear: This idea is about the new Notification feature: each album should be listed separately and not consolidated ("..and 3 albums are avaiable").
Zephyr
Roadie

This needs to be fixed. It's highly annoying getting a notification about a few new releases, yet only one is linked and there's no guarantee you will even find the other(s).

notification.png

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Easily-find-out-what-that-quot-1-other-album-quot-is-...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!