Number of Offline Tracks (left)

Because of the 3,333 limit on tracks downloaded to a device for offline listening, it would be very handy to have a count number displayed for those tracks, so one could see how many spots are left availabe (if any)

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-05-27

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

Dwillard1985
I'd love to know... thus my stumbling upon this post. Why isn't this easy??
Dhowar22

This is for sure a great idea

5wahky
Casual Listener

Having the limit is frustrating enough in the first place, but not knowing if you are close to reaching it is completely ridiculous.  There must be a count so Spotify can see when we reach the tiny limit they have set us.  Making this count visible should be quite simple no?

bendolph
Music Fan

Yes.... surely 20minutes work and a quite unobtrusive feature to add to the app?

It is bizarre that there is no way to view the number of songs downloaded.

user-removed
Not applicable

This is an idea that Spotify programmers can EASILY implement. 

jayksr007

I hope Spotify would add this idea in their next update.

wyattlewis
Music Fan

I am currently hitting my 3,333 song limit.  I am often in areas with no service (underground) or in remote areas that cannot steam. Also, saving data is something spotify needs to be aware of that people are trying to do nowadays.

This limit is artifical and akin to owning a (twelve) 12 GB ipod (no that wasn't a thing).  No other service implements this limit and we are starting to hit a tipping point that spotify will lose subscribers as net neutrality and data caps win out.

JWendels

Since neither duplicates in or between playlists nor local files are counted towards the download quota, I'd like to argue that the interesting number of "offline tracks" to see in the device app is the total number of unique Spotify tracks that are currently downloaded to that specific device (or how many there are left within the 3 333 quota), regardless if it's in Your Music or in one or several playlists.

gichin
Gig Goer

Yes, it would be very helpful to get a total of all downloaded playlists.

This eliminates the pocket calculator.....