OPEN UP YOUR API (for other platforms)

Seriously, Spotify. I speak on behalf of Sonos and other 3rd party customers who cannot access the music we've paid for through Radio and other features, simply because you haven't opened up your API. If you are going to be a company that provides content, embrace an accessible API and act like it. There is an ever growing list of alternative music services out there and your customers will go somewhere else, myself included.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2017-02-19

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
andreruas
Regular

After nearly 3 years as a loyal premium Spotify customer,

If Apple Music ever features direct integration with my Sonos System, 

without need for using the Sonos Controller App,

It wil be bye bye Spotify, and welcome Apple Music. No looking back!

fuksi85
Casual Listener
Is something ever going to happen? Spotify connect suc*s anyway. Spotify, can't you just give up on becoming a closed platform and focus on your API? I buy your services as a content provider and that's it. I won't be buying also the hardware you choose for me. Otherwise... Well there are many content providers. As soon as my phone contract that includes Spotify expires I'll swap content provider. In 2015 you're definitely not unique.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Updated: 2015-10-14

Hey there, Spotify Staff here. We wanted to shed some more light around this idea. As I understand it, the main motivation for this thread was Radio on Sonos apps, which we're happy to say is now Implemented

If you'd like to see Spotify partner with another 3rd party please specify which 3rd party in a Community Idea. We can then get a clear of view of customers would like to have. Please post in this thread if you've got any other questions about this. Thanks everyone!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2017-02-19

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!