Office Mode / Party mode

Hi all, long time lurker, first-time poster.  

I'd like to suggest an Office Mode feature for Spotify.  At my job, we use a collaborative playlist to listen to, but the responsibiliy always falls on one of us to keep updating the list.  Invariably, we'll all get too busy and run of out tracks, or one person dominates the list and we end up listening to four hours of A Hawk and a Hacksaw (not a bad thing, just a bit full on for a work day).  

My suggestion is to be able to assign any number of Spotify accounts to an 'Office' playlist that curates track lists based on either:

1. Randomised selection of each assigned users "Starred/Saved" songs.
  2. A radio station based on the each assigned users listening habits over the past 2 weeks i.e. ten songs from each users play profile.
  3. A radio station based on based on a playlist that each assigned user nominates for the office playlist 

It would also be great to define the length of the playlist.  So, we'd just need to input how many hours of music we want, and it would be automatically populate.  

In addition, a SFW feature in Office Mode will check for any tracks tagged as "Explicit" and either look for the "Clean" version to play, or omit the song entirely from the playlist.  

You could also call this Party Mode.  Same functionlity as above, but let's say you're having a wedding, you ask all invitees to submit their Spotify username, and the playlist can curate based on everyones tastes.

Hope you consider it.  Anyone else think this might be a good idea?  

- Louis

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!