Announcements

On the subject of DISCOVERY

Spotify could use some additional functionality to aid in personalized discovery.

To me, personalized discovery is the ability to find new songs based on songs Spotify already knows you like. Spotify already does this with playlist radio stations.

As it is now, one's SONGS list cannot be turned into a radio station. That's an easy fix that should be implemented immediately. That was one of my favorite aspects of STARRED. I've since become accustomed to SONGS, and have lazily acquiesced into just SHUFFLE PLAY-ing the songs I already have in my list. It's really the only button to use in that mode. I miss the discovery of "create a radio station out of this list"

This could be easily implemented in a few ways.

1. Within the "YOUR MUSIC>SONGS" tab, right next to the giant "SHUFFLE PLAY" button could be a "YOUR RADIO" button that just takes your entire SONGS list and finds new songs for you that aren't already on your list, at least mixes in new songs with your current list.

Here's a similar idea implemented through a different tab:

2. Within the BROWSE>DISCOVER tab, there are already great suggestions based on what you like, what's popular in your area, etc. but there isn't really a continuous play feature within this mode. Currently, if you click on a suggestion bucket, it will play a song in that album and then move to the next song in that same album. It would be a more robust feature if there was an option to jump to the next suggestion bucket instead of diving deeper into that one artist/album.

Example: There are 3 "recommended for you" artists in a row. Let's call it Van Morrison, Flying Lotus, and Mozart for example's sake. Rather than having to listen to every Van Morrison song, then actively having to click over to the Flying Lotus bucket to hear those suggestions, then clicking over to Mozart bucket to hear those, it would just play one song from each recommended bucket and keep it moving down the list.

Maybe there could be a "CREATE RADIO STATION BASED ON YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS" or "RECO RADIO" or "DISCOVER RADIO" for brevity's sake.

Idea #1 and #2 should essentially do the same thing and wouldn't both need to be implemented unless you think there are some expectational differences between them. For me it's about being able to passively discover new music based on my overall tastes, not just the tastes I've delineated into playlists.

Thanks for listening!

Hey there! Great ideas, but they need to be split out in order for the Ideas Guardians to review them for you. Keep in mind the guidelines for Idea Submission request that you have only one idea per post. Going to close this out for now. 

Looking forward to seeing the new posts!

Thanks for the suggestions! 

Comments
kbrooksc
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hey there! Great ideas, but they need to be split out in order for the Ideas Guardians to review them for you. Keep in mind the guidelines for Idea Submission request that you have only one idea per post. Going to close this out for now. 

Looking forward to seeing the new posts!

Thanks for the suggestions! 

Related Ideas