Only show Music based on my Taste in Browse

Not that long ago there was a talk that Metal fans are most loyal and are the ones that buy the most records. On Spotify too, if I'm not mistaken. I'd love that to be reflected in Main/Menu screens - tailored to specific range of taste (derrived from likes, additions to My Music, or simply by tags from local user library and/or last.fm).

You see - Metalheads in general aren't interested in pretty much all that appears on the Home/Browse screens. An option to tailor this to ones taste would be super-awesome. Because, when I go to New Releases, I would love to see:

- New releases from artists in My Music;

- New releases from artists I liked in Radio;

- New releases from artists in my Local Files.
This. And only this. No releases from Gaga, Bieber, Shakira and other cringe-inducing names of Pop. And this is the mentality of every-**bleep** metalhead I've ever met : ) With some exceptions. Because there's always that one "wide-range-taste" individual popping up here and there.

That would massively improve the functionality of New Releases and Radio in general. Now it functions as an attempt at ad targeting. Broken and useless for users of specific tastes - that have to fight for good suggestions. And you already have something that's working like that - Discover. 

So, to fine-tune this woul be super.

And to exclude specific tags/artists from popping-up in Radio would be cool too. Yes, I'm into Black Metal and Behemoth. And no - I don't like Country. Not even because it's the side-project of the frontman of Black/Death Metal band Behemoth. There shouldn't be anything near Country in such a Radio : )

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-04-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-04-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!