Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Open up the connect feature (Raspberry/Embedded Clients)

If you use a USB async DAC, a Raspberry or similar device will sonically outperform PCs or Macs by a landslide, because of the different audio processing. The downside of using such a device with spotify is the clunky web interface, which can only connect to the Spotify Service via Core/Web API. Regardless, the sound quality is so much better, that i can never go back to the desktop clients.

If you´d open up the awesome spotify connect feature, you could offer an amazing experience for people who prefer open hardware solutions. Apart from politics/deals with manufacturers i can´t see any reason why this wouldn´t be possible.

Thanks for considering

I think the API would make this possible? I don't imagine Spotify will do it themselves, but I'm sure someone would make it if it was made available.

Anthony

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate

I think the API would make this possible? I don't imagine Spotify will do it themselves, but I'm sure someone would make it if it was made available.

Anthony

Casual Listener

Hey Anthony, thx. Was worded differently, but same issue. The feature has been proposed 2013 and still nothing? Great, i guess we can forget it now, it´s clearly a political issue.

Does Spotify want to sell subscriptions, or audio hardware?

Looks like i´m buying neither in the future, too bad.