Announcements

Opt-in / Opt-out of Feature Removal Testing

Hi,

I've been with spotify for the better part of this year, and so far I've been "lucky" enough to have features removed for testing purposes around 5 times. I've been lucky enough to have my friends feed removed twice!  

I think there are a ton of people who would be super excited to actually be in a testing group, as well as the many of us who don't at all want to be in these testing groups.

By adding the ability to opt-in or opt-out of such testing, spotify will be able to get better results of their testing, instead of having to wade through hundreds of complaints on twitter or on the forums about it. Not only that, but help section contributors will be able to better help people instead of having to read and reply to threads of people who don't understand why they suddenly don't have their favorite features. Finally, the subscribers of spotify won't waste hours of their time trying to figure out why something isn't there anymore, and how to get it back, and the overall user experience will be a hundred times better because of this. 

Thanks for listening. 

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-12-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
OviiiOne
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea, if it gets +100 kudos the Spotify team will review the idea and give another status.

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-12-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Env: prod