Option to Sort Artist's Albums by Popularity

When viewing albums for an artist there are often a lot of redundant compilations and singles, etc, that make it hard to find the main album releases for an artist.  To take an extreme example, view the albums for Miles Davis and then try to find Kind of Blue.    This might be somewhat improved if there was an option to view albums from oldest to newest as has been suggested already, but I think that also having the option of showing the most popular albums first would be very valuable.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

EDIT:  Nevermind, this is not a duplicate!

The other idea here is request a user based popularity system.
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/quot-Which-Album-Should-I-Start-With-quot-feature-for-...

hammond13
Casual Listener

Fine.  I did find that idea, but that has the requirement of first allowing people to favorite albums.  I also thought an idea with the plain title "Sort Artist's Albums by Popularity" describes the feature more clearly and is more findable by people wanting the same thing.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

Yea, I know what you're saying. It just has this one sentence it it that is directly what you're requesting:
"(A list of favorite albums for each artist would be useful anyways)"

But you got some valid points - especially the better title. Will think about it! ;)

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

After considering it again, this idea will be opened up again as "new idea".
It will reflect the request of sorting the albums on the artist page by an automated popularity system.
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!