Option to actually shuffle songs

the current “weighted” shuffle algorithm negates the whole purpose of shuffling. It plays songs your more likely to listen to or are more popular in general. Isn’t the point of shuffling to get random songs I wouldn’t listen to otherwise? On top of that it would be much simpler than whatever algorithm is implemented now(looks like half the complaints here are about it anyway it barely works properly). I’m guessing there’s some “user engagement” reason or something behind the change so I doubt it’ll go away but could there be an option in the settings to revert to an true random shuffle ?

Updated on 2021-07-18

Hey @rem1203,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-07-18

Hey @rem1203,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!