[Other] Additional Alexa Commands

I think there needs to be more compatible Alexa commands such as:

- Alexa add this song to my [playlist] playlist

- Alexa play songs from the same album as this one 

- Alexa shuffle this artist

- Alexa play [song] from this album

- Alexa play song with lyrics...

- Alexa shuffle my library

even if you have to say 'Alexa ask Spotify to...' that would be better, there just simply needs to be more commands as it feels bearly functional without them.

Updated on 2018-12-25

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-01-30

Marked as a new idea :)

moonwatcher2001

When I want to listen to a specific album I want to hear that album in the order the tracks are on that album.  Not shuffled at all. If I want them to be shuffled or a "popular mix" I should be able to request that from Alexa via my Echo Dot for a specific artist.  The DEFAULT setting for Alexa should be to play an album as it was released with the tracks in the proper order as chosen by the artist, producer, or engineer. 

moonwatcher2001

Why they would think to shuffle an album when you are paying for Premium is beyond me. This totally messes up listening to the concept albums of the 1970s that had a flow to them and the order of tracks was chosen very carefully by the artists.  It needs to go away.  Make playing albums in their released order the DEFAULT, not some random shuffle.  If someone wants to shuffle or play "popular" tracks then they should be able to do so by REQUESTING it, otherwise leave the play order alone.

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-12-25

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!