[Other] Changing design for the sake of change is not good

Hello!

So, I just need to tell you that over the years, both on the app and the PC client, the UI has gotten worse and worse, and it's usually because there are changes to designs that are made just for the sake of it.
Like the newest update that changed the PC client. Instead of having a search bar constantly visible and easily accessible, it's now a button you have to press to get into the search section, and it's just such a weird and unnecessary design that clutters up the sidebar more than it already was.
Similar thing happened to the android app a few years back. Instead of having the search bar readily available by pulling down as far as possible in any playlist, liked songs and artist page, now you have to tap the tree dots and the 'Find in <insert list name>' option.
This not only breaks the flow of using the app, but is also very user unfriendly...

I'm not sure who's in charge of these designs, but they are not good, I must say.
Year after year, update after update, the app just gets more annoying to use and cluttery, and there has to be an end to it. There's something called "don't fix what's not broken". A few years back, can't remember the exact version, you had a GREAT design, both on the app and the client. Yet, you still changed it, like just because you wanted a "fresh" look.
I just noticed that you changed the android app too, so we'll see how much I like that.
I cannot be the only one with these opinions, surely...
And hopefully someone with a bit more reference photos or details can give you a better idea of what the problems are, cause sadly I don't have the brain capacity to remember such details.

Anyway, please just try not to change things and fix things that aren't broken.
I would love to see the more intuitive search system back instead of having to go to the "three dot" menu all the time... Guess that's my biggest problem.

UPDATE: The new android app, I gotta say, I'm happily surprised with the search button now being easily available. Very good design choice.
Have barely used the app so far, so can't yet say that I like it completely, but looking promising.

Updated on 2021-05-19

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this Idea as it breaks the following Idea Exchange guidelines:

• Clear suggestions. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.
  • One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
tinyjams
Music Fan

Thank you. The new UI is so bad. So many unnecessary changes that make the experience so much worse. About to lose a 13 year customer. 

edgematt-us
Casual Listener

Spotify's design team obviously does not talk amongst themselves.  None of the good features of each platform get propagated through and every platform gets changed completely separately from the others. 

Android:  Month, Day, Year of song release

iOS: Swipe to add to queue

Desktop (pre-2021):  Look at every song an artist has released all at once

None of these features are present in any of the other platforms. 

user-removed
Not applicable

I am sick of this new user interface. I have a 27inch, 1440p desktop monitor and with spotify in full screen I can see all of about 12 tracks, and 80% of the screen is black blank space. Then there is the change to artist's pages and discography, I loved having every track on all on one page, now you have to open the discography find the album and open it in a new page and if the track you're looking for isn't on that album you have to go back and scroll down the list of albums again. Inefficient use of screen space and total inconvenience for the user.

All I want is like other posts have requested: Let me revert back to the last version!

I have cancelled my premium, it expired today and I have now uninstall your garbage app from my computer, been waiting for that first advert. I won't be using Spotify again! I'll go back to using free Foobar2000, it's customizable UI and my HUGE collection of music in .flac format.

If I wanted to use an app designed for a phone, I would use my phone!

tinyjams
Music Fan

@FurryBunghole  Exactly. This is why piracy exists. **bleep** You Spotify. This is the last straw. 

Mario
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-19

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this Idea as it breaks the following Idea Exchange guidelines:

• Clear suggestions. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.
  • One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Related Ideas