[Other] IPv6 Support

When we will be able to use Spotify without IPv4?

Noting your current status:

* Spotify uses Fastly for content distribution, and Fastly has IPv6 support: https://www.fastly.com/blog/ipv6-fastly

* Spotify has supported IPv6 on mobile for a while: https://labs.spotify.com/2015/11/05/oh-ipv6-where-art-thou/, which helps you with heavily v6-centric mobile networks and Apple's  v6 requirements

Other large content providers report nontrivial amounts of IPv6: Google frequently serves more than 20% of content over IPv6, as does Facebook, as do general CDNs such as Akamai or Edgecast. Some networks, such as my ISP, are IPv6-native with tunnelled IPv4 to the Internet. Companies, including mine, are investigating IPv6-only office and DC networks to simplify security.

Most of the work is in the desktop client for you. Is this on your roadmap?

Resubmission of: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Desktop-client-IPv6-support/idi-p/1667179

Updated on 2019-04-30

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-13

Marked as new idea.

bananenware

We have an IPv6-only network at work for reserach and development around IPv6 - guess what doesn't work? 

As an Administrator of a large network for student dormitories I see quite a bit of network congestion on legacy IP - but not for IPv6 Traffic to sites like Youtube in the evening. Quite a few users unaware of IPv6 notice this difference. 

user-removed
Not applicable

Spotify, what's going on? It's about time to support IPv6!

I'm switching to an IPv6-only network next month, I'm going to have to setup 6in4 within my network to be able to use Spotify, and I'm happy to let you know that Spotify is the only thing I use that has no IPv6 support.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-04-30

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.