Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Keep lyrics up at all times

I like having the lyrics accessible, and having to swipe up and click lyrics is a pain. Instead of the album cover, it would be awesome to have the option to have the lyrics there instead!

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Lizard_Crimson

So totally agree! this would be great for car karaoke with the boys! I know car mode already exists, so it would be cool if the font increases when Spotify switches to car mode too

MafeG
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-11-22

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Salveenee28

As the title says, if you open fullscreen the lyrics tab (from mobile) the tab itself closes and goes back to the song's album photo/canvas when the song changes. Would instead make sense if it stayed open and showed the next song's lyrics.

gleon40

It would be great if the lyrics window stayed on screen when the next song played. 

If there are no lyrics available show the message "No lyrics available for this song." 

fatpigsarefat

Absolutely!!The desktop version does this, but the mobile version minimises it when the song changes. Please keep the card open even if there are no lyrics (just like desktop), and it would also be nice to have skip controls in lyrics view too

okjuho

It’s crazy that they didn’t make this in the first place. I think that this is the worst UI decision in the whole mobile app. They probably didn’t consider the best UI option when the song changes because it never came to anyone’s mind.

When I listen to a playlist in Spotify, I expect the next song to start when the previous ends. This is what Spotify does. It would be a pain in the ass if you’d have to press the play button every time a new song comes up. The same thing is for lyrics. When the song ends, I expect the lyrics of the next song to pop up. I don’t want to scroll and click 10000 buttons just to see the lyrics when it could be automatic.

dkelmo

It’s wild to think that Spotify is DOMINATING the music stream business. What’s even wilder is that Apple Music Has used lyrics for a long time and has always used the access to show lyrics at all times without the constant need to keep swiping in the screen with every song. Seems to be some things Spotify just doesn’t pay attention to which makes no sense to me at all. Surely someone at Spotify actually uses their app and notices this petty stuff. Apple Music still wins on the Lyrics front. 

edvardcrunch

I have the lyrics feature working on iOS and macOS, but not PC yet. Loving it so far, thank you for implementing that feature. I much prefer singing along to songs while reading along, too, so I remember them better.

However, it seems that if you open lyrics for the currently-playing track on iOS - whether just below the play bar or full screen - when Spotify moves to the next track, the lyrics minimize, and you have to open them again.

It would be great if that state remained the same between tracks until manually changed again by the user.

(I searched and found nothing, but apologies if this has already been brought up.)

IHasNoEyes

Whenever I am listening to songs in the shower, I prop my phone up and put the lyrics on so I can sing along nicely. It's hard to do this because on Spotify Mobile, the lyrics feature goes away when the song switches. 

I just feel it would be a really nice thing to have a feature that keeps the lyrics feature up when the song switches (but it switches lyrics, so when the song changes, the lyrics do too).

Uitaneko

When the music change, the lyrics view on iOS is closed and we need to tap again on the button to open the lyrics view. 

Could you add an option to keep the lyrics view open when the music change ? The same way as it's done on the desktop app.