Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Keep lyrics up at all times

I like having the lyrics accessible, and having to swipe up and click lyrics is a pain. Instead of the album cover, it would be awesome to have the option to have the lyrics there instead!

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Barcenas1

This is not just a great idea, it is a great feature!  It is super annoying that the lyrics screen disappears every time.

Xiaoken

How do we reopen the vote again??

This should've been a default option in the app...

I am very hard of hearing.  I have to use headphones in the house, but alone in the car I can max the volume and sing to my heart's delight.  Mainly, the vowels, which is what I hear best.  Having the lyric/karioka mode in Spotify is a game-changer.  It's why I left Amazon Music recently.  BUT I NEED to have the lyrics always on and always most of the screen without taking my eyes off the road.  (more important to me than people who can see & hear).

This is my second comment about improving Spotify by addressing the lyrics-stay-on function.  This feature/request has been rejected for years now because "There's not enough votes."   Non-sequitor!  Why is vote-count the only measure?  

1)   Millions of people are not using Spotify now because they don't often listen to music.  They can't make out the words, like me.  If they're not using Spotify or any other music source, they're not likely to go vote within Spotify site.  Maybe some people can't read well enough or they're not techie enough to go to a Support Site and type up a request.

2)  Using the number of votes' mentality?  That's SO obsolete.  Minorities need a say in access too.

Tackling and resolving lyrics-stay-on request will be USEFUL for millions of people with age-issues, hearing issues, mental deficits, etc.  LARGE and BRIGHT words on visible backgrounds!

As the population of Spotify users age, they will thank me and Spotify for this improvement BEFORE they are the majority.  And users of other music-apps will come running to Spotify because of "lyrics-stay-ON"!

ips2954164

Definitely a much needed option.
In the past, keeping the screen on was needed enough to keep the phone on my desk so I could glance and see the artist/song info for instance.
Nowadays with lyrics it takes another dimension and has become essential. Come on Spotify!

Yep! Singing in the car is my safety plan. Otherwise, I get sleepy. NOT
good. If I just 'listen' to music, I get sleepy even faster. If I can
turn a song's lyrics and glance at it exactly where I can't understand a
phrase. Replay a couple times and I KNOW THE LYRICS! and BOOM: I'm at my
destination. I NEED THE LYRICS TO STAY ON!!!!! with out several touches
every song!
karmyk

I like to sing along during cooking and other chores. That means my hands are either dirty or busy. But then I am ofc forced to swipe up the damn panel everytime the song changes.

Worse even, the lyrics keep the screen awake, so when they close on the next song, my screen immediately turns off and I have to unlock the phone again.

I cannot believe that this is not implemented yet, not even as a setting.. Is it really so hard to make that tiny change?

EzeBen

It's just a simple option to "Open lyrics full screen automatically after the song starts". It would help keep our hands working or typing, it would be great.

jbm2552

This is a must have imo. Not sure why it wouldn’t remain on the lyrics tab by default anyway

kuhle921

This would be such a huge improvement!  Please implement!