Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

[Other] Legally Cover PRO licenses for playing spotify in Yoga classes

Please create a membership specifically for yoga studios/(businesses that use music in their classes) and with spotify, to include the PRO licensing in the membership, as yogi tunes does. Please create a membership for spotify so our businesses can play spotify legally in our classes and that the artists we use actually get acknowledged. We would all like to stay loyal to spotify please🙏

Updated on 2020-01-17

Hey @Nicky23 

For more info on Spotify Business, check this article here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Can-I-use-my-Spotify-at-my-pub-restaurant-school-or...

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Visitor

Thanks for this opportunity!

Visitor

Thank you so much for entertaining this idea. Our community is in need of a company stepping up and helping us thrive.

Please, please, please! This would be a win-win solution for all involved!

Visitor

Please make this possible - it would be amazing for our community.

Thank you

Visitor

My mom doesn’t use Spotify for this reason, but she said if this was added she would get an account! 

Visitor

This would be so amazing to help small businesses thrive! Thank you for considering. 

I have been in the process of switching over to YogiTunes over the last few weeks. Would much rather stay with Spotify if this goes through. Thank you!

Visitor

This would help out our small studio so much. We currently don’t have an account/play music bc of lic fees/fines, but I would pay for an account with Spotify if lic fees for yoga studios were treated like the rest of fitness. Please help us small business owners out! This would be a win/win!! 

Visitor

Yes!! And please do this in Canada too!!

Visitor

We have been strongly considering switching our yoga studio and all 40 of our teachers from Spotify to YogiTunes which to my knowledge is the only music streaming business which has created a special membership tier that includes performance right coverage to an entire yoga studio and all the teachers that teach at the studio.  We are tired of paying separate annual license fees to SESAC, ASCAP, and BMI and would remain a dedicated Spotify customer if you follow through with this request.  Thank you!