[Other Platform][Playlists] Add Sort Filter Function for Playlists to Online Player

When I use Spotify at home, I use the player that I downloaded from the Spotify website. But at work, there are company firewalls that prevent me from downloading the player, so I use the web-based player to listen to music on Spotify at work. I've created a few big playlists, and when I'm listening at home, I like the ability to sort my playlists by different columns (song title, artist name, etc.). However, this sorting function is not available in the web-based player. 

An example of when this sort function would be particularly useful to me:

I have one large playlist that is a compilation of my favorite songs in a particular genre. Every so often, one of the artists whose music I have included in this playlist comes out with a new album. Then I'll add some new songs of that artist to my large playlist. Without any sorting functions, the songs on my playlist are listed in the order that I've added them to the playlist. So I have some songs by an artist listed earlier in the list, and then more by the same artist listed later in the list, because I added them later. It would be nice to sort the whole playlist so I can see ALL of the songs from an artist listed next to each other. This is something I CAN do at home with the downloaded player. But I cannot do it at work when I have to use the web-based player.

Can the developers at Spotify please consider adding the sort function for playlists to the web-based player as well?

Updated: 2015-03-24

Hello and thanks for your feedback! A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Sort-options-for-playlist-on-web-app/idi-p/350820 Add your kudos and comments there please! ;)

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate
Updated: 2015-03-24

Hello and thanks for your feedback! A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Sort-options-for-playlist-on-web-app/idi-p/350820 Add your kudos and comments there please! ;)