Out of place ads

I am fully aware that the premium version of spotify allows you to listen to music without the ads. I am also aware that all the ads are a way for the user to transfer over. But holy **bleep**, not only are the ads incredibly frequent, they are so out of place and irrelevant to the music playing. There are times when I find myself literally screaming at the ads playing on my computer screen. My hatred for these **bleep**ty band ads that play along with car, food, or any other irrelevant subjects is insane. All I am asking is to either A) make it so the ads that play are related to the bands on your playlist or radio, whatever, or B) get rid of the ads all together and find another way to make premium more appealing to other users. For the most part, the ads are an amazing marketing gimmick in order to transfer to premium, but oh my god I literally see red each time an ad pops up. Stop being a **bleep** spotify, I love you and you are hurting me.  

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Make-adverts-relevant-to-what-I-m-listening-to/idi-p/5...

Add your kudos and comments there please! ;)

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
isanka
Roadie

I'm sure they already have a ratio of wich ads they put for each music.

yon24
Casual Listener

Im not saying you're wrong but i doubt it, the plrogressive ads or mcdonalds ads are in no way related to the music. Itd be nice if they could get ads that arent even necasserily about the band, but in the genre of the band.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Make-adverts-relevant-to-what-I-m-listening-to/idi-p/5...

Add your kudos and comments there please! ;)

absorb21
Casual Listener

How bad are those mcdonalds ads? I wish I could have a preference for ads the way hulu does

SpunkyChameleon

Totally agreed.  If I am listening to some chill music, blasting me with the same loud Hip Hop album add every other song defeats the entire purpose of listening to Spotify!  

I understand Spotify need ads to make revenue, but this is RIDICULOUS.  Did Walmart take over at the helm or something?

Spotify sucks a**.  I am headed back to Pandora where the ads do not make me want to punch a wall nor outnumber songs 2 to 1.