PLACING SONGS TO THE TOP OF THE QUEU

Let me start by saying that I've been a premium subscriber of Spotify for about 3 years now and it is about the best ten bucks that I spend every month. I love it. I listen on my computer at home and use the mobile app constantly to stream in my car. I drive for a living, so I'm listening on my phone in my car for about 8 to 10 hours a day. I don't have storage capacity available on my phone to download music, so all of these hours listening in the car are streaming on my data plan. Even with all of this time streaming, Spotify still uses less than a GB per month on my data plan.

I know that Spotify has all kinds of services available, such as playlists based on my listening habits, suggestions based on artists, etc. I really don't avail myself of any of these services. I simply search for whatever comes to mind, add it to my library and listen by clicking shuffle on my entire library. I currently have about 900 songs of varying styles in my library (I know that doesn't sound like all that many for 3 years, but I'm very selective about what get's into the library. If I only like a song, it's not in. I have to love it.), so I can listen for a long time before hearing repeats. I also throw songs, both from the library and not, into the queue using the "Add to the Queue" feature. They are added to the top of the queue and when all of these are played, it returns to whatever queue was playing. Which brings me up to my suggustion:

I would like Spotify to add one more selection to the pop-up menu where you can select the "Add to the Queue". Please add "Add to the Top" as a selection. Many times when I'm listening, songs pop into my head. I pull them up if they are in my library, or search if they aren't and I'll add them to the queue. Sometimes the play next section above the queue will be quite long. If I think of a song and I want to hear it next, I have to select "Add to the Queue" and then I have to go to the queue and move the song up to the top manually. Not a huge deal and I know I sound like a whiner, but it seems like it would be an easy thing to program into the software. Where this would make a huge difference is on the mobile app. Having to go to the queue, scroll down to the bottom where the new song was just added and move it to the top is a little more of a pain on your phone. Especially when driving. Don't lecture me. We all do it. ;)

So that's my suggestion. I don't know if this is something that is important to anyone else, or not. But the way that I listen, this would be a nice feature to add. Also, it seems like it would be an easy suggestion to implement, from a programming standpoint.

Updated on 2018-04-29

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

A similar idea has also been suggested here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Queue-to-next-or-last/idi-p/120484

Add your votes and comments there please! ;)

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-04-29

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

A similar idea has also been suggested here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Queue-to-next-or-last/idi-p/120484

Add your votes and comments there please! ;)