Partner with a video editing software developer

I ONLY listen to music through Spotify. I hardly own any digital music anymore. But I run into a major problem when using my action cameras (a Garmin VIRB and GoPro HERO4) because I can't import my Spotify music to add to my personal videos. It would be great if spotify would partner with these or another video editing software developer so premium members can import their saved music for this purpose.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-06-07

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-06-09

Marked as new idea.

However this seems unlikely since Spotify needs to track the played songs in order to compensate the artists for each played track. With videos (that can be used offline) it would be almost impossible to track the plays.

ausomadam
Casual Listener

I share the authors desire for an ability to use Spotify music with video editing software. With that said I also understand the responsibility Spotify has to compensate authors for their work. Creative thinking and teamwork could lead for a great solution for all parties. My vote is for a GoPro & Spotify partnership!

Julie_aa
Please get a partnership
dhillman24

Or at least allow for any 30seconds of a song? (baby steps)

'Adobe Clip' could be a great partnership.

TenebrisAngelus

I agree. I basically have trashed my entire 2+ Tb worth of music since joining Spotify (during beta invite) and have wanted a video editing plug-in or extension that would allow for Spotify intergration almost immediately after joining. Maybe possibly ushering in a "premium+" or "pro" membership (higher membership tier for this service would be amenable obviously) allowing users to upload a single track directly from Spotify therefore giving the profit to/for said artist of a higher price point than just having the track streamed/played?

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-06-07

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas