[Partnership] AudioSurf

Has anyone here ever heard of the game Audiosurf? My idea is simple, buy the rights to Audiosurf and create a mobile gaming experience similar to it integrated with the Spotify app. 

Audiosurf is pretty simple. It takes any song you have (in my experience it was mp3 files) and the game will recognize it for beats per minute and various moments in the song.  After scanning whatever song you choose, it produces an arcade style gaming experience for you to play to the music.

My thoughts: you're Spotify and you could make this game better in so many ways if you took the time to polish it and get the community involved. Mobile games like Geometry Dash are very popular right now and it's not a stretch to think people would like to find a way to play these types of game to the music they enjoy listening to. 

Thank you for the consideration. Below is the link to an Audiosurf video to demonstrate what I was discussing above. 

https://youtu.be/cQVS6lQbVuE

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-04-18

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spriffy
Visitor

I think about this all the time, I'm so glad there is a post about it! I hope to see this in the works. I would totally play this game every break I get. 

Jacob
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Related Ideas