[Partnership] Firefox OS

Make the Web version work for mobile phones including Firefox OS

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Peter__
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

némo
I would love to have Spotify for this marvelous mobile operating system :)
eddyc

The site seems to almost work already but I'm not able to log in on my ZTE Open because the keyboard covers the username and password fields and it is not possible to scroll down.

bookhling

Yup, we definitely need spotify support for firefox os. C'mon guys, it's contributing to the open net! 

SiegfriedEhret

FirefoxOS brings the web in lots of countries in an expensive way.

Spotify, please give us music !

arguser
SiegfriedEhret, You mean inexpensive? :P I totally support the cause, Mozilla is filling the gap and making the world and web a better place, everyone should follow!
alexkeybl
Should be titled HTML5 Spotify for the Mobile Web, but I still think this is a great idea. Also ensures Spotify doesn't have to create a new native app for every new OS that's released.
root

It is possible to stream the music from open.spotify in binary format to devices. I've an application which plays any Spotify song trough web browser, but at the moment it requires a VPS in addition to Premium account. Since Spotify rate limits too many requests from single IP, you would basically need your own VPS. That's extra $5 per month. Anyhow, if people are interested, I can update my code and pack it so anyone can install it.

gespadas

Please! Spotify in Firefox OS is a MUST!

interia

Yes, please, Spotify for Firefox OS!