Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnership] Hold music / ringtone

A service that call centers can use when placing people on hold. It recognizes your phone number linked to your spotify account and plays random songs from your liked songs or other selected playlist.

Updated on 2022-06-13

Hey @Mla82190 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (180 votes within 6 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your suggestion, we encourage you to keep sharing your Idea to give it a chance to gain more votes.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
DB1111

Hi Spotify,

As its that time of the year again, I spent a lot of time in phone queues where im forced to listen to terrible 'On hold music'.

Is there not some way my phone number can be connected throug API with my spotify favorites? Id love to discover new music if I have to wait for 30 minutes anyway.

Kind regards,

DB

Xenia
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-12-29

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

EmilyKy

You can only use the song on Spotify to set the ringtone once you have the Mp3 file. I think you should download the music as Mp3 on internet or spotify and save it in your phone's internal storage:
Go to Setting -> Sound & Vibration -> Ringtone -> Custom ringtone -> Choose your Mp3

osornios
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-06-13

Hey @Mla82190 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (180 votes within 6 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your suggestion, we encourage you to keep sharing your Idea to give it a chance to gain more votes.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂