[Partnership] Listen Along with Spotify - Twitch Extension

So just now there is a big panic about copyrighted music being played on Twitch live streams. Its always been a rule but now enforeced that we cannot stream copyrighted music and/or have clips/vods with the music saved on our channel.

I Would love to see a form of the Discord plugin "Listen along with Spotify" as a twitch extension, so that everyone can listen along to the same song, while watching their streamer, it wont be heard on stream, and those listening would have to own a premium account to access the extension. 

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
Petya
Community Legend
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-06-09

Hey there @AlphaAnton,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us! 

To make sure we're on the same page, can you give us a bit more info on what you mean by 'everyone can listen along to the same song, while watching their streamer, it wont be heard on stream'

Also, can you check out this existing idea and tell us if it covers what you'd like to see implemented? When not, can you briefly tell us how yours is different than it?

Thanks in advance 🙂 Keep us posted!

AlphaAnton
Casual Listener

Hey Petya,

Sorry for not explaining too well. That existing idea would definitely help the situation but I feel it would be out of reach. So with my idea, I was thinking it would be something like an embedded app below the broadcaster, that would itself stream the music and anyone watching that broadcaster, if they had premium membership, could link and listen to the same song. That way the music isnt played directly on stream and everyone can listen to it without breaking any copyright laws. The broadcaster would need to ensure that if they are listening to the music that their broadcasting software does not pick up the music as well. Does that help?

Joleksu

I was thinking about the same idea AlphaAnton had. I did a very rushed mocked up image of what I though this interface could look like: https://i.imgur.com/GqVxtZm.png

Streamer could enable this spotify extension on their stream which lets viewers see what song the Streamer is currently listening to. The stream itself wouldn't have the song playing for everyone to hear, but rather it would only be heard by the broadcaster itself (easily done by GOXLR for example). Should you as a viewer connect your spotify to twitch and enable this extension, you could get straight broadcast from the Streamer's spotify as if the Streamer was the DJ in a party. 

This would avoid causing streamers DMCA claims and would give the artists a lot of plays on their songs.

ersvinicius

Exactly! This would be perfect.

Peter
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-06-11

Hey @AlphaAnton.

Thanks for confirming that for us!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

In the meantime, you may want to check out this idea and add your vote to it if you think it's relevant to your suggestion.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Jacob
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Related Ideas