[Partnership] More Lyrics, at best all - Buy Genius, and merge their database PLS

I am really missing Lyrics to every song I have in my libary, I cant find anything with lyrics.

I had to google to find out that spotify has tough a Lyrics function, but it seems like none of the artist every used that function? Maybe it is to hidden I don't now.

But what I know is that nearly every song in Itunes has their fitting lyrics, so it is obviously possible to keep the lyrics consistently added.

I have even tools to scrap lyrics and add them to my mp3 files, so every mp3 of mine has the luxury of coming together with lyrics.

You have some millions or billions, when I can manage to put lyrics to every song, with my "little" library and when Apple can manage that with their much bigger library, then you can of course to. Since all your resources are focused only on music,.. then Apples, which are doing much more stuff simultaneously.

My master monopoly idea would be to just buy Genius.com and the the hole Genius Media Group Inc and merge their database with yours.

Or make your own lyrics crowed sourced database/webpage or force/hint/lead the artists more to the lyrics option.

I don't know do something about it, it drives me mad. Since users don't have the option to add lyrics them self's, like in itunes, I am very desperate!

Updated on 2021-05-23

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! 

This idea is going to be marked as closed, as it goes against the Idea Exchange Guidelines requirements. 

Keep in mind that similar Ideas have already been suggested here for desktop and here for mobile, so if you're interested in it, make sure to add your +VOTE there to show your support. This helps to keep all feedback in one place and helps the idea gather the necessary amount of votes to be reviewed internally.

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

Have a great day! 

Comments
Emilia_8
Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-23

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! 

This idea is going to be marked as closed, as it goes against the Idea Exchange Guidelines requirements. 

Keep in mind that similar Ideas have already been suggested here for desktop and here for mobile, so if you're interested in it, make sure to add your +VOTE there to show your support. This helps to keep all feedback in one place and helps the idea gather the necessary amount of votes to be reviewed internally.

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

Have a great day! 

Related Ideas