[Partnership] Native App for Sailfish OS

Please develop native Spotify app for Jolla's Sailfish OS. I'm sure it won't be very hard task for You, since we already have app for Nokia N9, too. Spotify is one of those applications that every platform needs to be taken seriously, so please consider supporting Sailfish. Further information: www.sailfishos.org

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
jumbaer
add sailfish to your eco sytem
Tsisarv

I would also like to see spotify on Sailfish OS! It`s such a great system, why you don`t want to support it?

dizzi90
Casual Listener

This idea deserves another evaluation now that Sailfish is in partnership with Sony. SailfishOS is already available for the Xperia X, and according to the devs there are more images coming for other Sony phones. It would have been risky to launch a client for Sailfish before the launch of the Jolla phone, but now Sailfish has shown itself to be a stable OS, for which the development continues several years later. Please consider changing the status of the suggestion from "not right now" to "not back then, but now!".

jgueytat

Any recent news about this idea? I'd like to developp an app with the beta Web API Spotify Connect.

MartiMac
If I don't get a native SailfishOS app I will sign off from Spotify! It's that simple. Come on is it so difficult to make a native SFOS app? It takes 30 min. from a Qt professional and you did it already for the Nokia N9 years ago!
tleilaX

A native Spotify-Client would be so great!

2d1mlwmz-d_th

I'm paying my premium-account every month, but since CuteSpot or libspotify is not working anymore, there is no native app for Sailfish anymore. Please rethink the status of this idea!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!