[Partnership] Roon partnership please

I know in the past  Spotify partnering with Roon has failed however I feel having the ability to listen to Spotify through Roon would fully complete mine and I'm sure several people's needs having these two wonderful applications integrate. Please reconsider allowing this to happen.

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 500 votes in 18 months. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
entity279

Yes! I have cancelled my Spotify subscription and would totally renew if  Roon would be supported. I use streaming for music discovery mainly now. When I want the best sound quality, I just listen to CDs and Vinyl

Currently have Qobuz subscription and I would gladly give that up for Spotify, because of Spotify's more extensive musical catalog

DeLub

Please make Spotify integration in Roon happen! This would be very helpful. And Spotify doesn’t need te do anything anymore to fix the metadata issues with especially classical music anymore.

Diomac

I have a Premium Family account and I pay for my parents account, I also have to pay for Tidal purely to get my music into Roon.  This requires me to have another paid Tune My Music account to sync my Spotify playlists to Tidal.

I love Spotify and I love Roon, I am not a great fan of Tidal but since it’s all i can get as a streaming service thats works with Roon in Australia I have no other choice.

HiRes fans like myself who want to be able to mix our local HD Tracks with a streaming service like Spotify in a seamless manner in multi zones have no better tool then Roon at their disposal.  Being forced to use Tidal as a middle man just plan sucks.  

How about Spotify and Roon just get together and make the road blocks disappear, because before too long one or other will miss out.  I am close to dropping Spotify all together as I can live with Tidal, without Spotify but I can’t live without Roon in my house hold.

Akerow

I also left Spotify for Tidal due to lack of integration with Roon. This integration would bring me back to Spotify in a heart beat.

DannyKoel

I still have my Spotify subscription and I’m very curious about the coming hifi quality! I have a Tidal hifi subscription as well, because of the quality and Roon integration.

I still can’t get used to the UI of Tidal though.

Please open up Spotify to support Roon so I can cancel my Tidal subscription as soon as Spotify has released the hifi quality functionality.

Jacob
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 500 votes in 18 months. You can read more about the idea process here.

thebardwest

+1 - As soon as Qobuz or Tidal offer direct support (voice) for Google Nest devices, or if YouTube Music moves to support Roon, I'll drop Spotify Premium/Family. 

Right now my setup is Google Nest Mini speakers in the kids' rooms, and Roon/Spotify in my main space. Ideally I'd want lossless and hi-res streaming available from Spotify with Roon Integration. If I can't get that from Spotify, I'll jump to whomever gets the recipe first.