[Partnership] Steam Integration

Hi!

Since I'm a big fan of Spotify, I use it on a daily basis.  Most of the times, I'm in game, playing music through the regular Windows client. I thought it would be convinient for Spotify ti be accessed there, since the regular client takes a lot of processing power (for me, at least).

Thanks,

Marcus

Updated on 2021-07-16

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Given that this idea has been submitted a long time ago and after reviewing it again, even though it is interesting, we don't have any immediate plans to implement this.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
audiovideo10

Integration to Steam Music (Integration with device or controller App)

I need help of which section deals with integrating spotify API or SDK with a manufactured device.

Could some help help?

Was directed here by Spotify team but i need the info on licensing etc

Regards,

CA

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-12-10

Hey everyone. We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships. Thanks for continuing to bring us your ideas here in the exchange, we're listening to your feedback. 

audiovideo10
Dear Meredith, Thank you. I submitted details on forms & contacted your team. No one seems to know the dept. Thanks,
audiovideo10

Meredith,

Having said that, our firm already has spotify integration with other devices... but i need the contact to proceed with another project.

It was the spotify team that told me to post the details here & someone will reply.

snoodleking

+1 !! Mostly interested for Big Picture purposes!

jimmy288

This needs to happen! its a win win win. we win, spotify gets the entire steam comunity, and steam gets more users. WIN WIN WIN! 

Dufsao14

Just a simple thought, you can get the app on your phone and use it as a remote, seems simple no?

Although i do think this would be much simpler if we had integration with the steam store!

Dufsao14

Also Try using Spotify for browser!

brndo
Regular

Steam browser doesn't support Flash.

user-removed
Not applicable

yes please :D!!