Announcements

[Partnership] Toyota Entune

Just got a new toyota and was very disappointed to find that spotify doesn't have an app for the Toyota Entune 😞 Pandora has gotten on board and I really don't want to give up my spotify subscription but I really want it to be linked up with my new vehicle. Is there a time line for when spotify may produce an app for entune??

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.
We wanted to post an update, since we made some changes to our ideas process.
Typically, we won't announce information about new subscription options, third-party integrations or new countries in advance.
We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience, but we don’t have any more information to share at the moment. You can still keep adding your votes, though.
The best place to keep an eye out is on the
What’s New section of our blog.
Thanks.

Comments
Dadapabri

How long does it take to get it done? Pandora already partners with Uber and Toyota. It would be a shame to lose market share for something doable. 

ArizonaECS

Since it seems that Spotify isn't making this a priority, this is what I sent to TOYOTA:

http://www.toyota.com/support/#!/app/ask

Is there any forward-thinkers there that might consider publishing an API so that we can create a Spotify jewel in the entune system and also allow use to use a different map, such as Google Maps? The map system seems to be extremely outdated and with spotify (Premium acct) I can only connect via bluetooth. If you search "+spotify +entune" you will come up with hundreds of complaints that this is not available. Also, your maps take me to open desert sometimes. Not good.

Response Sent!

Your email has been submitted under reference number: #160907-000096

We appreciate your patience as we work to address your email.

If you have additional information you'd like to add to this request before you hear back from us, simply reply to the email from "Ask Toyota" that is now in your inbox.

Thank you.
Toyota Customer Experience

jonbelanger

I second the use of Google Maps.  I tried to use the maps feature this weekend, it's pretty useless.  It once took me 8 miles down highway only to get off at the next exit, get back on the other way and then take the exit in 8 miles.  All because I asked it to take me to a Tim Horton's which apparently was on the other side of the road!

ArizonaECS

Hi Jonbelanger,

I only hope that many with go to the form at http://www.toyota.com/support/#!/app/ask  fill it out and submit it. I am not sure if Toyota's app development team that doesn't want to play with the Spotify people, or the other way around. The reason I included Google Maps is because I can see to the right of my system there is a map card. I am just conserned about jacking it up if I apply google map's api. I see Toyota did this in Europe in 2010!  ("The mobile website was tested in a usability lab with very good results. We also received very positive comments on the advanced features such as the car configurator and Google Maps based Dealer Finder").

I am digressing!  I want a spotify jewel on my screen.  Maybe something here? https://developer.spotify.com/

ArizonaECS

Response Via Email (Tina I.) 09/08/2016 10:26 AM
Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate your taking the time to contact us with your ideas and suggestions for ways to improve the design of our Entune system.

We make every effort to manufacture a quality product by researching, testing, and constantly monitoring performance. Consumer opinion and perception also play an active role in our ongoing efforts to lead the automobile industry in quality, innovation, styling, and reliability.

We appreciate your feedback. It is through communications such as yours that we become aware of the reactions and expectations of our customers and consumers and are able to review and improve our products.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Tina I.
Toyota Customer Experience Center

This is the response I received. Seems like owners need to be bugging the SH** out of Spotify and Toyota. 

Dear Mr. M****,

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We apologize we have not addressed your inquiries with Spotify integration with Entune.

While Toyota is looking at ways to increase the number of new vehicle buyers who will have access to Entune application features, there are presently no announced plans to offer Spotify integration with the Entune app. Your interest, though, will be made available for review by our telematics group.

Please visit our web site  for the latest information on our Entune application.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Juan Garcia
Toyota Customer Experience Center

Buckasnoo
I'll just switch to slacker. 

Slacker is not an option for me. It's not the type of listening experinece that I go for. 

sundragon

I completely agree! Spotify needs to be in my Toyota Entune too! Boo on Pandora! I love Spotify more than Sirius and Pandora, would prefer to use it and access it without burning my phone battery.

breilly63

I am disappointed that there isno spotify app for entune. I don't want pandora one. Its not nearly as good as spotify.  Yes I can use bluetooth but it would be nice to have it in the app and control it from the steering wheel controls plus there is a distraction looking down at your phone to work the app. Come on Toyota get with it and work with spotify to get that app supported on our vehicles.