[Partnership] WooCommerce integration to Spotify

Shopify integration is a great step in allowing artists to showcase merchandise to their fans. Next up... Wordpress/WooCommerce integration, please. 

Updated on 2022-01-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-23

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a New Suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

DarkMinstrelMusic

This would be a seriously great addition.
I'm sure we are many that prefer to continue using our WooCommerce shops instead of start paying for (and building) an additional Shopify shop, just to have access to Spotify.

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-01-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

feardropmusic

I think, this will boost this year. I am setting up a woocommerce shop and would love to offer my merch via Spotify as well! Can we reopen it?

dweuste

Agree this should be re-opened.

DarkMinstrelMusic

We're of course still interested in this integration. It's the only thing that makes sense to us since we already have our merch channels set up on our own domains since many years. This integration would be a great move by Spotify to support the music scene even further. Shopify is fine if you don't want to have your own website.

basterdfishez

Simply put, we have Shopify as the only option, but it's $100+/month. Woocommerce is much cheaper/free, and a lot of musicians use it and already have websites running with it. Nobody is going to sign up to Shopify separately if they have Woocommerce setup for their website.

I am less willing to promote my own Spotify page because your merch page options are sorely lacking. I'd rather share links to Bandcamp or my own Woocommerce enabled website.

StorkyBones

Yes the WooCommerce integration would be great! Most Musicians we know including ourselves use WooCommerce

DarkMinstrelMusic

It's good to see that we're not alone in wanting this.

Many would probably increase their Spotify promotion with the WooCommerce integration in place. A win win for all.

It doesn't even have to be an API integration. A simple link would be more than enough. It should be pretty easy to implement.

thehellion66

We are a small label. Our shop is running on woocommerce and we have many items for sale. It is absurd that we can sell our CDs on all platforms, including Bandcamp, but we can't on Spotify because we would have to migrate our entire shop to Shopify, by the way paying, while on woo everything has been working perfectly for years.

You can also integrate Woocommerce and other e-commerce software, as well as Prestasho, just to say another very popular one,