[Partnerships] Last.fm Integration

Bring real Last.fm integration to spotify!

I loved the old last.fm app (which doesn't work in Spotify 1.x)

specifically because of all the artist info it provided and because of its wonderful

"Similar Tracks Playlist" feature,

which made a list of related songs based on your entire last.fm profile, and didn't suffer from some of the limitations of Spotify radio

(it had a huge database of tags and info to draw from, and did not present only the most popular artists and tracks in a genre).

I would love to see a pane just for last.fm, or a plugin or app of some sort. Just some way to get that functionality back! Plenty of room for new features too.

Best,

Innerspectrum

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea.
This idea requests that last.fm will be seamlessly integrated inside the Spotify apps, like for example MusiXmatch.

jpatti

In agreement with all above.

Additionally, would love to be able to play my lastfm library and friends libraries through spotify (even keeping in mind that not all tracks will be available).

wceveret
Casual Listener

I use the spotify desktop client under linux. If there isn't a way to tell last.fm that I like a song within the client when you move to 1.0 for linux, I'm cancelling my subscription and switching over to something else (Google's all access maybe, idk yet). Spotify is basically good at streaming music and stripping away all the functionality that other services that added value to your service was a questionable move from a ux perspective. I really hope you get the new services up and running well soon.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!