[Partnerships] Samsung Gear Support

Now that the SDK for the Samsung Gear 2 has been released for 3rd party devs, I wondered what the chances of Spotify developing an app for use with the smartwatch were? I know the media controller with the original Galaxy Gear worked but limited you to only the playlist you selected in the first place. Are there any plans to build on that for the Tizen driven Gear 2?

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

P.S: It has been partly implemented:

https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/on_other_devices/samsung-fit-gear-2/

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title to make it a general idea for every Samsung Gear device: Gear, Gear 2, Gear S, etc...

MantisKungfu

I too would love to see Spotify working, even if it is basic things like thumbs up/down and Starring songs.

rafaeloliwa

+1

Nadine_d

+1

BioMetal
Yes pleaaase :)
Ahyb
That alone would make me inclined to purchase a Galaxy Gear.
MorseMeister

Agreed!

I have managed to control spotify via the  media controller on Gear 2, but ti doesnt show the song name on the watch, only on the phone

dgg006
+10
projer

+1
Yes pleaaase :)

Silithas
Gig Goer

I support this idea!