[Partnerships] Samsung Gear Support

Now that the SDK for the Samsung Gear 2 has been released for 3rd party devs, I wondered what the chances of Spotify developing an app for use with the smartwatch were? I know the media controller with the original Galaxy Gear worked but limited you to only the playlist you selected in the first place. Are there any plans to build on that for the Tizen driven Gear 2?

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

P.S: It has been partly implemented:

https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/on_other_devices/samsung-fit-gear-2/

Comments
Aaagiu

Hello 🙂

does Spotify work on Gear 2 Neo?

I'd like just play a playlist, loaded before, not live stream, during my running session.

It's possible?

Ty in advance!

user-removed
Not applicable
If you (Spotify) makes that app, I promise you that I would instantly go from a free user to a subscriber... It would be great to control the Spotify on the phone from the Gear 2 and get the music information shown on the watch display. Thanks in advance...
Silithas
Gig Goer

Since this post has most of the cudos, here is my edit of how the app could be:

It could be done with this idea:

App for smartwatch that can sync with the app on the phone or tablet for you to choose what songs which will be on the watch by syncing the smartwatch app with the phone's offline or online list via bluetooth

Only one menu on the smartwatch which is the smartwatch custom playlist

one tap to play the song to play it and to bring up the mini player with pause, and next or previous song

2 taps to bring up the volume control / or to swipe sideways slowly to increase/decrease volume

swipe up to go back to the playlist

spogear.jpg

Belgrakk

+1 from me

be even better if i didnt have to  load songs on to my  gear 2 neo one by one, spotify would make that  automatic if it can be done

I use  it both both  phone and  on its own as a music player.

Djfenix4
Hope it happens in the future!!!!
elany
Casual Listener

This is a great idea 🙂 and I really hope we can get to sync the Android app with Samsung gear 2 and gear S.

I have just read that the new Samsung gear S comes with an app for controlling playlists on Deezer.

uncleangus

+1

petethepete2000
Wearable widget, from the gear app store, lets u put the Spotify widget from your phone onto your watch.. so u can at least see the song thats playing.
iamkim_nl
I would love to use my spotify on my Gear S .... and even better in-app runtastic on my Gear S
Rob89bie
Casual Listener

I want a standalone app that would be able to stream music via the sim card and store music on the Gear S, this is litterally what it keeping me from buying a Gear S! Please Spotify, listen to us and fix it 🙂

Best regards

Robert