[Partnerships] Samsung Gear Support

Now that the SDK for the Samsung Gear 2 has been released for 3rd party devs, I wondered what the chances of Spotify developing an app for use with the smartwatch were? I know the media controller with the original Galaxy Gear worked but limited you to only the playlist you selected in the first place. Are there any plans to build on that for the Tizen driven Gear 2?

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

P.S: It has been partly implemented:

https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/on_other_devices/samsung-fit-gear-2/

Comments
crazyja

sadly the fact that this is marked as solved we wont be seeing any sort of support for the gear s2. it time to drop back down to the free version of spotify.

arthe

+1

Thebestidea

Maybe with the option to save the music on the Gear ! I support this idea.

addespot
Casual Listener

Spotify is the only app I'm missing on my Gear s2! Please, the Android Wear app was perfect in my eyes. I realize that it's a question of business but I'd love to see it in the Gear library too.

vignirorn1

Please bring offline playlist to samsung gear or fit2

TugaSpotify

App for Gear S2, to save music on the gear and play it offline! Please guys

JessSj

Please! as suggested before a working app in Gear s2 with the option to download playlist! PLS! very very wanted.

mrjjbob

1000x yes

Speedyg76

I am really confused as why this isn't an option yet. I got rid of my premium version a while ago but if I could listen on my s2 I would renew in a heartbeat.

Vmorris91

Seeing as Milk Music is no longer... This has got to be a no brainer guys. Who will be the first to the punch, Spotify or Pandora. Being a Premium Spotify user, I would clearly hope Spotify. Being a wearable and having the offline feature is an easy way to thwart Pandora. Your app will even apeal to the Gear S2 devices that are not data capable (more so for the Premium subscription due to offline play).