[Partnerships] Samsung Gear Support

Now that the SDK for the Samsung Gear 2 has been released for 3rd party devs, I wondered what the chances of Spotify developing an app for use with the smartwatch were? I know the media controller with the original Galaxy Gear worked but limited you to only the playlist you selected in the first place. Are there any plans to build on that for the Tizen driven Gear 2?

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

P.S: It has been partly implemented:

https://support.spotify.com/listen_everywhere/on_other_devices/samsung-fit-gear-2/

Comments
Flunra

It would be great to have a Gear S (Tizen) stand alone version. 

emrebaykal
I am also waiting for it for gear s... also sleep timer for app 🙂
guappo
It would be nice if they could make spotify on samsung gear s. I support this idea 🙂
oobm

As a smart human being said before me: 

I want a standalone app that would be able to stream music via the sim card and store music on the Gear S, this is litterally what it keeping me from buying a Gear S!

With my bluetooth headset this could be an AWESOME solution when im working out.... Come on Spotify, having a wide selection of opportunities for your many users has obviously been a success so far! 

I need my spotify music on my smartwatch so I can leave my phone at home when working out etc...

denudres

+1

peter1527

I just got gear 2, and i need at least possibility to change my songs with it. otherwhise, i will have to resign premium subscirbtion.

deekod1967
A tizen Spotify app that can save music on gear s so you don't need a phone when out running would blow deezer tizen app out the water, as well as beating all android wear music apps too.
Joniq
+1 Please make app for gear s
ZeroZorro
+1 As already stated earlier in this thread...Please make a Spotify app and make it standalone so a phone is not needed.
Firefoxa

Would be great with a Spotify App for the Gear S or a controll app for the phone.