[Partnerships] Spotify app for Samsung Smart Blu-Ray Players

I just bought a Samsung BD-J5700
   A device that a support member on Crutchfield said came with an integrated Spotify App.
     Apparently it does not.

I would love to see a Spotify app to stream Existing play lists (and or browse and add music from your smart phone app).
i think it would be more useful for Spotify to beable to be on Smart BluRay Players instead of just smart TV's as those are more expensive than smart blu ray players these days; so a Smart bluray player would be cheaper and more available to more Potential Customers.

Rhapsody and Pandora already have an app for Samsung's Smart BluRay Players. and quite honestly, i prefer Spotify over pandora and rhapsody. i bought this specifically for bluray movie watching and music streaming, and id love to use it with spotify on my home sound system.

Even if the system isnt up to snuff to browse for music, most people have a smart phone or a computer and could browse for music and add it to the playlist with the app. (as i hear the smart TV app has some limitations)

Updated: 2016-04-19

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-04-20

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

rcj8993
Casual Listener

id like to add, samsung no longer has smart hub, and its the Opera Web TV app store.
im pretty sure if i had the info of what all this is coded with, i could see about having a friend make a mock interface and whatnot to help get this ball rolling on this idea

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-04-19

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!