[Partnerships] Spotify for Sansa Clip

Spotify on a small mp3 player would be ideal for runners...  on anything but the iPod shuffle.

I have both a shuffle and a few Sansa Clips...  The Sansa Clip has better sound, actual visuals, functional navigation, 16x more storage (32gb vs 2b), and easy to find tracks, etc - it's just 500% better than the shuffle.  I would buy any other small mp3 player that was better than the shuffle too.  I constantly use my small mp3 players; there is NO WAY I would consider running with my iPhone 6.

Main reason why I'm interested: I have been a Rhapsody user for almost 10 years now (early 2006) and they recently screwed everyone whose old devices don't support AES encryption.  I've suffered this device abandonment, weird loss of tracks/licensing, and worse too many times.  I'm a heavy music user, but the migration would be worth it if Spotify ran on a much smaller device.

Tidal is also appealing though, and Amazon plays through my Echo, so it's time to a make a decision for the next 10 years.

Updated: 2016-05-29

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea. A general idea for a mp3 player for running has also been suggested here.

pdogg81

I too would love it if Spotify could license it's music on Sansa devices.  I won't leave Rhapsody as long as they are the only option for my subscription on a small, dedicated mp3 player.  If I could get the tunes with DRM from Spotify on a Sansa Clip Zip I would switch for sure.

mauril26
I'd love it. The device (sansa clip) sounds better, is very light and much portable than my phone.
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-05-29

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas