Party mode: Connect multiple users in the same network with Chromecast

When using YouTube app with Chromecast, All users connected to the same Wi-Fi network can connect to chromecast to queue songs and also control the playback.

It would be a nice feature to have on Spotify as well.

Currently, if more than one user connects to Spotify in Chromecast , the application is reloaded , droping the current user and removing the queued songs.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-11-10

Hi!

Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough kudos. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-11-11

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

user-removed
Not applicable

I thought this was already going to be supported per the Google September Press Event of 2015:

"Now the other cool thing is Spotify can support multiple users at the same time. So let's say I wanna skip to the next song in my wife's playlist. Turns out I can use my own phone to do it. So let's bring back to my Nexus device and open up Spotify. Spotify immediately detects what's playing on the home network and synchronise with the playlist. So now I can actually just swipe to go to the next song."

GrumpyGranny
Casual Listener
Yeah. I remember when Google talked about this, but it doesn't work. Please add this feature Spotify. Makes it a lot easier when there's more people in the same room. Especially great for parties.

As mentioned in the first post, YouTube can already do this and it's awesome.
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-11-10

Hi!

Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough kudos. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea.