[Pioneer] Spotify Connect on Pioneer Devices

I'm here on behalf of all who feel betrayed by Spotify (see https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/002/page/1/thread-id/33911). You REMOVED the #SpotifyConnect support to my Pioneer speakers (and to those of A LOT of people out there) without a proper explanation. Suddenly we have USELESS speakers in our homes, and it's not our fault. We're here to ask you to reconsider your actions. We will stop using Spotify (and we won't renew the Premium subscription) until this problem has been fixed. 

Updated on 2020-09-22

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Comments
Rome72

VSX-923 not working anymore, was bought because it was advertised and working with Spotify Connect. Bring back functionality soon.

mtg-chr15t1an

I hope the support will read this, pls share this post.
but i can't like it, I don't know why

Xorlon
Casual Listener

Wow, I fully agree previous commenters.

How can you justify this? "Use bluetooth". REALLY? It's crappy non-loss-less format that is prone to signal interference. Not to mention the music not being pure; all system sounds that is processed on the unit "streaming" music to a audio system is transferred and disturbs or interrupts the listening experience.

In our home we've spent a substantial amount of money in high-end audio equipment, which now is rendered almost useless.

Sure, we can add a streamer to some of these systems, but that still removes the option to TURN THE SYSTEM ON through spotify connect. So I'm thrown 10 years back in functionality. Perhaps they'd also like to remove spotify streaming to all devices that utilizes a remote, so that we're forced to walk to the receiver/amplifier to adjust volume manually?

Get some serious attention on this and work with Pioneer if you refuse to provide service for legacy services.

The reply "Oh, don't worry, you can still stream your music (bluetooth/AirpPlay) haha, merry merry" does not suffice.

//Edit

Oh, also. Why've you removed the discussion linked above? Are you enforcing censure in these forums for opinions that does not allign with yours (Spotify)?

Killertofuuu

Same here, Bad Month for me, first my 2017 ford focus st does not find the connect app (dropped support), then my vsx-924 does not work with spotify anymore...

Perosales
Roadie

Spotify arrogantly dumped all high end receivers for spotify connect.

add your voice here to bring it back!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Connect-Bring-back-Spotify-Connect-t...

Xorlon
Casual Listener

Well, seems that the submission you linked to had been removed. More censure?

Killertofuuu

Looks like it, well its not gonna be back again from by Spotify, our only chance is that Pioneer is releasing a new Firmware with the new Integration like Denon does... But i think this will not happen and Pioneer greets Spotify for selling new Recivers -.-

Perosales
Roadie

Why do we keep up with this? This company treats its’ paying customers like garbage!

Perosales
Roadie

No it’s still there... but gives an error message 50% of the time...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Connect-Bring-back-Spotify-Connect-t...

Ward2

After 2 days searching why Spotify would all of a sudden not work on my Pioneer receiver (rebooting, re-installing) I figured out I own one of the impacted receivers on which Spotify connect is no longer supported.  

Instead of adding chromecast, bluetooth or cabled solution (suggestions by Spotify), here is the SIMPLE and very EFFECTIVE solution I found : start Apple music.   I found out my receiver supports Airplay (even better then Spotify), and so going forward I will listen Apple music instead of Spotify music.

ps.  Apple allows you 3 months testing, so I have plenty time to figure out that this is indeed the best solution, and stop Spotify.   Thank you Spotify for a few great years music listening !