[Pioneer] Spotify Connect on Pioneer Devices

I'm here on behalf of all who feel betrayed by Spotify (see https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/002/page/1/thread-id/33911). You REMOVED the #SpotifyConnect support to my Pioneer speakers (and to those of A LOT of people out there) without a proper explanation. Suddenly we have USELESS speakers in our homes, and it's not our fault. We're here to ask you to reconsider your actions. We will stop using Spotify (and we won't renew the Premium subscription) until this problem has been fixed. 

Updated on 2020-09-22

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Comments
karaluga

Seems that there is finally good news for Pioneer users. After contacting Spotify support they told me that they are already working on a solution for adding back Spotify Connect support for Pioneer receivers. They didn't say how the solution will look like and they didn't promise any specific date but at least the seem to understand that withdrawing the feature has been a mistake.

Nicohack
Music Fan

@karaluga Can you please copy-paste their answer here, please?

Thank you.

5tratocaster1
Regular

That is very good news indeed.

Just to clarify, did this come from Spotify or Pioneer? I think it would have to be Pioneer who are working on a solution to this, perhaps in conjunction with Spotify.

I will believe it when we hear direct from Pioneer that they are working on a firmware upgrade for their 'older' receivers.

karaluga

@Nicohack@5tratocaster1, the response came from Spotify and it has been in German. The crucial section is "Bitte beachte, dass es momentan nicht möglich ist Spotify mit deinen Pioneer Verstärkern zu verbinden. Aber keine Sorge, es wird bereits an einer Lösung gearbeitet. [..] Zudem solltest du wissen, dass auch wenn es jetzt nicht möglich ist dein Pioneer mit Spotify zu verbinden, nicht bedeutet, dass es auch in Zukunft so sein wird. Unsere technische Abteilung nimmt deine Meinung sehr ernst und wir werden unser Bestmöglichstes tun um eine Lösung vorzuweisen, damit du deine Musik schon bald wieder vollends genießen kannst.". Let's see how this solution will look like.

pasinel

hello - using a Pioneer VSX 824K and my spotify connect is not working. Any timeline for when this will be fixed?

Biegel11

"any Timeline?"

I am not really sure, if there comes any fixes.

I really hope it - otherwise i can sell my SC1224.

Echollon

Dear spotify 

are you gonna do anything to solve that

regards,

Welshchris
Regular

Does anybody have an update on this? - Where are you Pioneer or Spotify???

PatTiger
Casual Listener

My Pioneer VSX-924 is almost useless now when unable to use Spotify Connect to play its own playlist.
Using bluetooth is a lot less quality and drains the battery of my phone.

Wrong descision to remove this sort of functionality

cehank09

my home is wired for sound and spotify no longer connects to my PIONEER AMP, why?