Play multiple playlists

Sometimes I feel like mixing my dubstep with my trip-hop, or my classic rock with my newer rock... Better than keeping up with multiple playlists with the same music....

Updated: 2015-11-17

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Play-multiple-selected-Playlists/idi-p/1240798

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
carranco1
Casual Listener

I last asked for this about 18 months ago, so I'm just gonna try this again. I want to be able to play a song from playlist 1, then a song from playlist 2, then a song from playlist 3, then a song from playlist 4, and then back to a song from playlist 1, and continue that sequence indefinitely. In other words, a set-up similar to the way Drake Chenault programmed automated radio stations. They used playlist reels consisting of current songs on playlist reel one, classic on playlist 2, recurrent on playlist 3, and deep classic on playlist reel 4, then back to reel 1 and repeat the sequence. I have all my music genres organized this way and am frustrated while waiting on Spotify to act. I asked for this long ago, but you have ignored me. Folders do not help with this at all.

profscooter

Last year I was playing around with Radionomy and I really like their approach to playlists. The only reason I haven't continued is that my station didn't have enough listeners so it was deleted as per their terms of operation. Their approach is similar to that in the previous post, to give you "boxes" rather than playlists into which to place your music, which you can for example categorise by genre, or BPM, etc. Then you set an approximate 60 minute "clock" which plays tracks from specified boxes. So your clock might be, box 1, box 2, box 3, box 4, box 1, box 3, box 2, box 4, box 3, box 1, box 4, box 2  - to play 12 songs selected from 4 boxes. The track it picks from each box is random, but you can have box restrictions such as no repeat tracks for n minutes, or no repeat artists for n minutes. You can go further by having a schedule that plays certain clocks at certain times of day, to craft a complete personalised radio station. So if boxes 3 and 4 were mainly easy listening you could schedule a clock that only pulled from boxes 3 and 4, for a couple of hours on Sunday mornings, for example. So if Spotify had this sort of feature it would be teriffic.

Varvitski

Folder schmolder workaround schmerkaround. C'mon Spotify programmers, you can do it! Create a Mix Playlist button to yield a dropdown list of the available playlists from which we can tick our choices and then click ... GO!

Repeat -  You can do it!

Shuffle - It you can do!

cdyddd
Casual Listener

Went to post an idea about this and found it's already an idea gaining lots of kudus! That's awesome!

This functionality would be a huge personal and crowd-pleaser for Spotify. Be a cool feature to distinguish it from other streaming services and an incentive to upgrade to Premium.

Hope this becomes reality!

LaCanadienne

Please, add a feature so we can play multiple palylists at same time (shuffle mode). To be able to play created playlist mixed we suggested playlists.

that would be AWESOME!

davidly44
Another nice feature to include: To specify what percentage each playlist dominates the algorithm. As an example I'd want to play 75% from the new stuff and 25% from the classic stuff.
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-11-17

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Play-multiple-selected-Playlists/idi-p/1240798

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!